Saturday, May 22, 2010

"LAST FAMILY DAY" - Video

22 May 2010

We had been planning on this day for a while. Alyssa was ready and excited. It was my last Saturday and I'd fly out Sunday, so we decided to go to the National Zoo in Washington D.C. as a family. We also told her that we were going to ride the train so she was extra excited. We drove up to the Metro and jumped on board. She had a fun ride looking out the window and holding on to the rails - she did not want to sit.

After the long Metro ride (should have drove in closer), we took a short walk and ended up at the zoo. It was a really special day to just spend time with my girls looking at the gorillas, elephants, lion and monkeys (Alyssa loved the monkeys).



I had turned in my government Blackberry a few days earlier. It was liberating and strange at the same time to not have it on my waist constantly buzzing. I know Toni liked it and I started to like it as well. I didn't check my email once that day. Kinda nice. I had gotten so use to having it around, but I do know it ate into my personal time with the family. For that, I'm sorry dear.

Anyway we had a rather fun time and went back home completely exhausted - not looking forward to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment